Help us transform the ArtBeat wall from this:
To a beautiful work of art, like this:
ArtBeat is excited to be facilitating a Community Mural Project this April & May! Danae Brissonnet, an amazing artist who travels around the world painting murals with communities, will be painting a mural on the side of our ArtBeat building, with the help of our community. The mural will be inspired by the history of Burgaw & Pender County. Danae will also be working with Pender County Schools and making mini-murals at their schools!
We are asking for input from the community! We need your stories about Burgaw and Pender County - What does Burgaw & Pender County mean to you? What stories are important for us to tell? Danae will use these stories to create a mural that represents our community.
Please send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, and come meet the artist on Monday, April 17th at 7PM to share them in person!
These are the ways you can get involved:
- Come and Paint with Danae! We will host a community painting tutorial on Sunday, April 23rd from 2PM - 4PM, to get the tips and tricks of painting from Danae herself! If you'd like to help paint the mural, please come to this workshop to meet Danae and learn how.
- Community Paint times are Weekdays from April 24th - May 5th from 9AM - 2PM, Saturday April 29th, from 10AM - 5PM, & Sunday, April 29th, from 10AM -5PM! There will be a break for lunch around 12 - 1PM.
- Share your stories with us to inspire the mural! Send them to email@example.com, and come to the Meet-and-Greet on April 17th at 7PM to meet Danae. Light refreshments will be served.
- Donate your ladders, paint supplies, & old (or new!) paint to the cause! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a drop off.
- Spread the word! Tell everyone you know and share on social media - we want as many folks involved as possible!
We will have the Official mural unveiling ceremony on the Saturday of Spring Fest, May 6th, to celebrate our new wall and all those who were involved!
This exciting project is made possible by the Town of Burgaw & the Pender County Schools 21st Century Grant! Thank your Town Commissioner today!
About the Artist:
Danae Brissonnet is an international artist from Quebec, Canada who specializes in public murals, illustration, mask making and puppetry. She has worked professionally in North, Central, and South America, as well as Europe and Asia with her colourful, fantastical folk-inspired art.
reating imagined worlds for the viewer, her work invites a deeper consideration into the power of symbolism, myth, and metaphor. Brissonnet’s art enforces connections between her work, herself, and the public in which it engages. Most importantly, her process is about becoming involved in communities where she can tell stories of the people, their land, and their culture.
Wherever Brissonnet is creating there is likely to be a workshop, where she can share her experience. She seeks locations where art is not accessible and finds importance in working with children to empower them to paint their stories with whatever materials they have. Brissonnet's professional work is what enables her to travel to these conflict zones and rural communities. Leaving a colourful trace, her has a feeling of accessibility as she visually translates her story, and that of others. Brissonnet’s work exists as an imprint of change and inspiration for places she feels need it the most.